Hey friends! How is it possible that two weeks have already passed again?! I was actually working on a different post the last couple weeks that I meant to post already but it needs a little bit more work so instead I’m here again with FeelGoodFriday! In this post I’ll reflect again on all the things in my life that brought me joy and left me with a feeling of gratitude lately. You can read more about this feature in my last post. Follow along with me and tell me about the things that made you happy recently! 🙂
1. The March For Our Lives. I’ve been following along with the activism lead by the students of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School since the shooting that took place at their Florida school on February 14 and took the lives of 17 people. Gun violence is a severe problem in the US and anyone denying that it is due, in part, to insufficent gun laws is just blind. The fact that children and young people are leading the revolution to end gun violence and demand gun control is incredibly inspiring to me! I attended the March For Our Lives in Birmingham, Alabama last Saturday, one of more than 800 student-organized sister marches around the world. I felt honored and proud to be one of 5000 people that came out to protest in Birmingham that day. It was such a powerful event and if you look closely at the picture above, you can see one of the organizers of the march at the mic, an impressive high school student from Alabama. I am so thankful for the work these kids are doing and I’m excited to see where it will lead this country.
2. Queer Eye! One of my roommates recently told me about the Netflix show Queer Eye and I had to check it out. I totally fell in love with it! For those of you who don’t know it, it’s basically a makeover show where five gay guys visit another guy and help him get his life together. I absolutely adore the positivity the show and the ‘Fab Five’ radiate. They are eager to find and foster people’s strengths and help them “live their best lives”, as cliché as that sounds. And what made me even more happy is that is was just renewed for season 2! Yay!
3. Three of my friends from UA were accepted for study abroad programs in Germany 2018/19! I am so happy for them and I’m 100% sure it is going to be an incredibly enriching experience for all of them! Also, I am so excited that we won’t have to say goodbye for a long time when I go back home in May because I will see them again so soon! And a fourth friend will be in Germany and Austria for two months during summer, so I hope that I will be traveling a lot this year, visiting all my friends around the country and going on trips with them! The thought of it makes me so happy. It definitely makes leaving Alabama way less sad for me 🙂
4. The prospect of being reunited with all my loved ones in only five and a half weeks. Not much to add here, other than that I’m also a little overwhelmed that this year has gone by so fast and that I still need to do so much here before I leave! But the thought of coming home to mah peeps is wonderful, can’t deny it 🙂
5. Spring. Again. I can’t help it, seeing flowers and blooming trees all around campus never ceases to cheer me up. I’ll leave you with this picture of my floral paradise:
Take care! xoxo Lena